WHAT is LVP?
The Lehigh Valley Professionals (LVP) is a forum and support group where Lehigh Valley professionals network with each other to exchange information on job searching techniques and tools, local firms, and job/career leads and business contacts.
WHO should join LVP?
Professionals from the greater Lehigh Valley who are seeking new jobs/careers are welcome to become part of our group. Prospective members should have a Bachelor's degree or higher or five (5) years experience in a role that would typically require a Bachelor's degree or higher. You must attend a group meeting on a Friday, fill out the New Member Application, and submit a copy of your resume. This will enable Lehigh Valley Professionals to make a final determination if LVP services and programs can assist you. Our Membership Committee will review each new attendee's application and notify him/her within one week of one's membership status.
WHY does LVP exist?
LVP provides a way for members to combine their resources, time, and talent to promote employment and career development of professionals in the Lehigh Valley.
HOW does LVP work?
Members share time and talent to:
- Promote LVP as the first source of professionals to fill permanent and contract positions in the Lehigh Valley and surrounding area.
- Assist each other in the development of job searching skills such as networking, researching opportunities, and written correspondence with employers, resume writing, and interviewing.
- Invite companies, recruiters, and others to address the group on topics of interest.
- Network with other members, generously share job leads, and provide personal introductions (not, "just use my name").
- Serve on a committee, or periodically volunteer time to support activities such as leading chapter meetings and events.
- Share advice, feedback, and topical expertise.
WHERE does LVP meet?
The Lehigh Valley Professionals meets at the PA CareerLink® Lehigh Valley's center located at 1601 Union Boulevard in Allentown, PA.
WHEN does LVP meet?
The Lehigh Valley Professionals meet every Friday from 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
To Join LVP:
- Attend a PA CareerLink® Lehigh Valley Introduction to Services session.
- Attend a LVP meeting and learn more about membership.
- Complete the online Pennsylvania CareerLink® enrollment at www.pacareerlink.state.pa.us and post your resume and job preferences to the Commonwealth Workforce Development System.
- For more information, contact Lehigh Valley Professionals at (484) 602-5252 or email to: info.lvprofessionals.org.